All Church Council Meeting
July 30th, 2020 Zoom
Rev. Margaret Gillikin, Phyllis Michelson, Donna Turcott, Cindy Baril, Crystal Coffey Avery, Debbie Stone, Hailey Cole, Heidi Gold, Anita Turner, Terry Turner, John Beaver, Marilyn Bomar, Marty Thieltges, Sami Pack-Toner, Sarah Cook, Terry Scow, Dennis s, Tim Holmes, Tracie Kenyon, Vicki Weida, Tome Naegele, Kevin Kirley, Susan Kirley, Terry Atwood, Mary Williams, Violet Malsor, in addition to others calling in, total present 35.
John Beaver-Introduction and agenda
1. Overview of meeting
Rev Margaret Gillikin-
1. Opening Prayer
2. Intro to Zoom
Crystal Coffey Avery- Budget and Finance
1. Overview of 2020 Budget
2. Including all giving and PPP we are left with a remaining deficit of 3,158
3. To maintain in good standing, we would need approx. 36,965
Summary of Budget:
With monthly Giving and scaling back on the budget, our monthly goal is possible.
1. The new parking lot has been completed paid for by funds from the trustees with help from Dennis, Rob, and Tom is much appreciated.
2. Improvements to the parsonage, added air conditioning
3. Explained building use, meetings and distancing guidelines for use.
Tim Holmes- Solar Panels
1. Discussion about the possibility of putting solar panels on the south side which would be 140 panels that would eventually provide a savings of 5 thousand a year in power costs.
2. Receiving estimates from Solar Montana and seeing if grants are available.
3. Roof would need replaced before solar panels could be installed, suggestion of a metal roof for easier installation and maintenance
4. Concerns would be weather, cost and noise with a metal roof
Summary- the Justice league and the Trustees will look into the solar energy further to provide more information.
Margaret Gillikin and John Beaver –Worship
1. In-person worship
A. Summary of recent survey
B. In-person worship now or in the future with masks and social distancing
Discussion about in person worship
1. to present an early service with a video
2. Continuing On line worship
3. Considering Zoom Fellowship times
Things to consider for in person worship- music, singing, communion, touching, distancing, offering plates, cleaning after use, management
John Beaver- Show of hands for the council’s willingness at this time to attend in person worship.
35 logged in, 4 people would attend, 31 would not.
Considering how to have in person worship safely and still be inclusive.
2. Those willing to put together a team for discussion of how we may do that as follows:
John Beaver, Marilyn Bomar, Vicki Wieda, Terry and Anita Turner
We will continue exploring options for worship.
you may contact the Pastors, Rob or Mauren if you would like to be a part of the on line worship.
Elections and Committee nominations:
Margaret Gillikin- Those leaving leadership
We are grateful for the leadership of these faithful volunteers. Thank you for your service!
Dianna Tande - Lay Leader
Violet Malsor - Church Council Secretary
Lay members to AC - JoAnn Chambers & Marty Thieltges
SPR - Frank Montibeller, Dave Nielsen, Jon Nehring, Roger Stone
Trustees - John Hall, Mike Faehnrich, Perry Brown, Shirley Warehime
Nominations - Don Skillman, Phyllis Michelson, Bill Duncan, Claudia Davis
Stewardship: JoAnn Chambers, Ralene Glenn, Tracie Kenyon
Fundraising: Susan Kirley, Sandy Jankowski, Terry Turner, Roger Stone, Rhea Kuchynka, Phyllis Michelson
A. Nominations Committee moves to elect Tracie Kenyon as Lay leader
John seconds the motion
B. Nomination Committee moves to elect Phaedra Raymond as SPR Chair
John seconds the motion
C. Nominations committee moves to elect the nominations as presented in its entirety
A second is made
Reverend Margaret Gillikin- Welcoming
We welcome these volunteers into new leadership positions and are grateful for your willingness to serve!
Lay Leader - Tracie Kenyon
Church Council Secretary - Rhea Kuchynka
Lay Member to AC - Liz Moore
SPR - Tom Woodgerd, Phaedra Raymond, Peggy Hollow-Phelps, Gary Turcott, Heather Van Buren
Nominations - Marylis Filipovich, Pat Callbeck-Harper, Tim Holmes
Trustees - Harold Dramstad, Dennis Mock, Mike Swisher
Finance - Corinne Kyler
Stewardship - Marilyn Bomar, Bob Fitzgerald, Dave Hemion, Kathi Cates, Marti Johnson, Terry Turner
We will not be hiring a youth leader at this time and will be taking Volunteers to help and pray for the youth.
John Beaver- Closing Summary
Pastor Sami-Pack toner- Closing Prayer
Blessed to be of service for the past few years and share this time with all of you.
Church Council Secretary